Everyone deserves a vacation every now and then, but if you are a spa owner, you may be a little hesitant to take off and leave your spa unattended for an extended period of time.
That's understandable. After all, you have worked hard to get that hot tub and make sure it is properly cared for every day. Because of that hard work, you, your family and your friends have been able to enjoy a nice warm soak in the hot tub all year long.
Luckily, it isn't hard to take care of your hot tub while you are on vacation. With just a little bit of extra work before you head out of town, you can sit back and enjoy your trip without worrying how your hot tub will handle being ignored for a week or more.
Check The Local Weather Firstly
What you need to do before you head out of town largely depends on the type of weather you are having in your area and whether or not your spa makes it home indoors or outdoors.
For example, in warmer weather, you may not have to worry about keeping your hot tub running while you are out of town, but algae growth may be more a problem. If it is cold outside, algae will be the least of your worries as you will have to make sure the water and pipes don't freeze while you are away.
Steps You Should Take Regardless of the Weather
In addition to the last tip, there are a few things you should do regardless of what the temperature is outside.
1.Test the water
Before you go out, always test the water to be sure you have the proper water balance. If you do not, go ahead and add the appropriate chemicals to either increase the acidity or the alkalinity of your water chemistry. This will help you maintain the spa and keep your plumbing in the best possible shape while you are away.
2.Lock the cover
Never go out without closing and locking your spa cover. Keep in mind that no one will be at home while you are away and that means that kids could wander onto your property and go for a dip without you ever knowing. If something were to happen, you could still be held liable. So close that cover and lock it tight before you set one foot out of your front door.
Owning a spa should never be a tether keeping you home when you could be off enjoying life. Never be afraid to take a vacation that takes you out of town away from your spa. Just remember to perform a little extra maintenance on it before you go and be sure you set the hot tub for the temperature that it is in your area, and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. So get out there and enjoy life and quit worrying about your spa.
- By Strengthening The Integration Of Diversified...
- Focus Ceramic Sanitary Ware Industry Six Changes
- Bath Bathtub Cleaning Tips
- Household Cleaning And Maintenance Coup Bathtub
- What Bath Sheet
- Acrylic Bathtub How? What Advantages And Disadv...
- Acrylic Bathtub Toxic It
- Acrylic Bathtub And Ceramic Bath Which Is Good
- How To Clean Acrylic Bathtub At Home
- How To Clean Acrylic Bath Tub Small Maintenance...
- Some Features To Know Before Order A New Spa Cover
- How To MeasureThe Spa Cover?
- Your Ideal Spa Cover
- TSPK Spa Covers Deliver In Time
- Loading The Most Spa Covers In One Container As...
- NEW Roll-cover With Well Package Is On The Way
- Loading The Master Carton Packaged Spa Covers
- The Last Container In September
- International Pool& Spa& Patio Expo In Las Vega...
- How to Clean Your Hot Tub Filters